When attempting to log into AuthAnvil Manager, a "Logon Failed" error occurs.
Please note that logging into AuthAnvil Manager requires the use of a token. A valid "OTP" (One Time Passcode) comprises of your PIN and the token password together. ie 1111Q4GH8NV7 . It is NOT case sensitive.
Check these conditions:
- Licensing Service isn't running. - If this is true then you will see the following entry in the event log under the category of AuthAnvil: "Licensing Manager Service is NOT running. Unable to authenticate."
- To resolve this error, open Services and start the service "AuthAnvil Licensing Manager" If it is not listed, then you will need to uninstall and resinstall AuthAnvil. You will not need to create a backup prior to doing this. Uninstall AuthAnvil using Add/Remove Programs.
- User not found within the AuthAnvil database. - If you mistyped the user name, then this is the error AuthAnvil writes to the log in the database. Launch the AuthAnvil Configuration Wizard and confirm the username are using and that the user is enabled as a site admin on the site.
- Invalid PIN code for user ''Username'' - If you mistype either the PIN or the token password -OR- the token is out-of-sync, then this entry is added to the log in the database. Two ways to resync your token.
- Logon as a different user into AuthAnvil Manager and open the Users tab, then click on the Manage User URL beside your name and resync the token.
- Launch the AuthAnvil Configuration Wizard and delete your user, then recreate it, assigning your token back to you. You can then resync it.
- Token is locked - Too many failed attempts have been made to logon. The log table will have an entry stating the token has been locked. There are two ways to release the token:
- Wait till the time set for the token to be released has elapsed.
- In the AuthAnvil Configuration Wizard, set the lockout timer for a shorter amount of time.
If you have any questions or need some help, we would be happy to assist. Open a case at kaseya.zendesk.com .