Attempting to install to any other website than Default Web Site on a Windows Server 2003 machine causes an error, causing the installation to fail.
This issue is caused by a limistation of the AuthAnvil installer when working with IIS 6 Websites.
Either install AuthAnvil to the Default Web Site or use the following workaround:
- Install AuthAnvil to the IIS Default Web Site.
- Export the AuthAnvil Virtual Directories (AuthAnvilSAS, AuthAnvilAdmin, AnvilManager and ManageToken + the AuthAnvil web directory in v4.0).
- Import the virtual directories to the correct Web Site.
- Right click on each Virtual Directory and make sure that ASP.NET is set to ASP.NET 2.0 in the ASP.NET tab.
- Make sure that all AuthAnvil virtual directories are members of the AuthAnvilPool application pool.
AuthAnvil 3.5, 4.0 on Windows Server 2003
If you have any questions or need some help, we would be happy to assist. Open a case at kaseya.zendesk.com .