With the release of 2FA v5.5, SSO v4.5 and Password Server v2.6, we made clustering and fault tolerance a whole lot easier. AuthAnvil now includes a PowerShell script that will interrogate an existing AuthAnvil server deployment to determine what product is installed and ask you for a destination name to generate a CLU file (*.clu).
You can create the .CLU file following these steps.
- Open an elevated PowerShell window (Run as Administrator).
- Navigate to "C:\Program Files\Scorpion Software\AuthAnvil\AuthAnvilTools".
- Run the Export-AuthAnvilRedundancyInfo tool.
PS C:\Program Files\Scorpion Software\AuthAnvil\AuthAnvilTools> .\Export-AuthAnvilRedundancyInfo.ps1
- You will then be prompted to select the products you want to add to the Cluster.
Select [A] for all  for 2FA/SSO or [P] for the Password Server.
- Name the CLU file.
- Select Enter.
- You should now see the cluster file completed and located in the same folder as the tool was run.
- Check C:\Program Files\Scorpion Software\AuthAnvil\AuthAnvilTools for <filename>.CLU.
Copy the CLU file to the server(s) you wish to add to the cluster.
Note: The additional AuthAnvil server(s) must have the system requirements setup including a valid third party issued SSL certificate. See this article for more information.
This CLU file will work in the installer for all three core AuthAnvil products, allowing you to add a new node to an AuthAnvil cluster in just a few clicks. You will notice the option to use a CLU file for a cluster in the base menu when the installer starts.
Note: Installation of 2FA v5.5 will configure SSO v4.5 by default if you selected SSO during the CLU file creation.
Note: The primary server will need to be configured to allow Remote connections from the secondary server.
- This article may be helpful http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/ms191464.aspx
- You may also need enable the SQL browser service. This article may be helpful http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms165734(v=sql.90).aspx
If you have any questions or need some help, we would be happy to assist. Open a case at kaseya.zendesk.com .