The best way to migrate your AuthAnvil server Database is as follows.
Note:If you are on later version of AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth, SSO or Password Server it is recommended to upgrade to the latest version prior to migrating the Databases.
Two Factor Auth v5.5. This see this guide for upgrade assistance http://www.scorpionsoft.com/support/authanvil-upgrade-v55/
- Single Sign On v4.6. (Note updating to 2FA v5.5 will upgrade your SSO to v4.6.)
- Password Server v2.7. This see this guide for upgrade assistance. https://help.scorpionsoft.com/entries/88248637
1.) Backup 2FA/SSO/PWS
- How can I backup or restore AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth? - https://help.scorpionsoft.com/entries/26572587 (This should automatically backup SSO as well)
- How can I backup or Restore my AuthAnvil Password Server? - https://help.scorpionsoft.com/entries/26652108
- How can I backup or restore AuthAnvil Single Sign On? - https://help.scorpionsoft.com/entries/29734218 (including this in case 2FA backup does not backup SSO)
2.) Place the backup files in a secure location (eg. desktop works)
3.) Uninstall 2FA/SSO/PWS
**Note** Prior to re-installing be sure you do not have ASP.NET Security Update 5.1 install as this will cause issues during installation.
4.) Re-install 2FA/PWS with backup **During the install select New Install and Restore Data**
- AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth Installation - https://help.scorpionsoft.com/entries/88582688
- AuthAnvil Password Server Installation Guide (v2.7) - https://help.scorpionsoft.com/entries/88589647
5.) at the prompt for SQL Express or Existing SQL Server select Existing Database and type in the name of your desired Server.
Complete the install of both 2FA and PWS you will need to restore SSO Manually after everything complete following the Backup/Restore Article above.
Once this is done you can test to make sure everything is still working as expected.