- Confirm that your hardware meets the minimum system requirements detailed in the following online help guides:
- 9.2: http://help.kaseya.com/webhelp/ES/VSA/9020000/reqs/#11465.htm
- 9.3: http://help.kaseya.com/webhelp/ES/VSA/9030000/reqs/#11465.htm
- Confirm that your Kaseya VSA license is set to have the option to upgrade to 9.2/9.3
- You can do this by either executing the kinstall wizard or contacting your Customer Success Advocate.
- If you are unsure what version of Kaseya VSA you are currently on, you can follow these instructions:
- Log into your VSA
- Navigate to System > Server Management > Configure.
- The top section of the page will show what version you are on and the latest patch level available to you. Please note that this does not indicate the latest VERSION available but instead the latest patch for your existing installed version.
- If upgrading to 9.3, consider visiting the following website to learn more about what’s new in Kaseya VSA 9.3: http://www.kaseya.com/products/vsa/r9-3-release
- Download the Kaseya VSA installer onto your kaseya server. You can get the latest version of kinstall at http://download.kaseya.com/kinstall.exe
- Perform a database backup of the ksubscribers database and a file backup of the kaseya directory (ex: c:\Kaseya)
- Disable or uninstall any anti-virus that may be running on the new server during the upgrade process. Anti-virus can interfere with the installation of Kaseya as it can block and/or lock files during the installation process. After the installation of Kaseya we recommend to set exclusions for the entire Kaseya directory (typically C:\Kaseya).
9.3 Pre-Upgrade Checklist
Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful
Have more questions? Contact us