How to view CPU utilization per JVM thread?
The attached plugin for the 'jconsole' tool included with the Java Development Kit may be used to view the CPU utilization per JVM thread.
- Install the JDK in your Windows environment (e.g. C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45)
- Save the attached 'jar' file to a local folder (e.g. c:\temp)
- Launch 'jconsole' with the plugin file from a command prompt; for example:
cd \Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\bin
jconsole -pluginpath c:\temp\topthreads-1.1.jar
- Enter the IP address of the Traverse server and the JMX port number of the Traverse component then select 'Connect'. The JMX port numbers for the Traverse components are:
- 7691 Web Application
- 7692 Data Gathering Engine
- 7693 Message Handler
- 7696 Correlation and Summary Engine
- 7697 Internal Communication Bus (a.k.a. JMS or Java Messaging Service)
- Select the 'top threads' tab
All versions of Traverse