KB# - KKB000829
Question - What does the KMDM Device Location Tracking feature do and not do?
- This feature not a Navigation system. Real time tracking is not supported (or feasible)
- Points reported by the GPS can be inaccurate if the device not have a good satellite fix.
- Getting a good fix takes time (sometimes minutes), the agent will wait a max of 45 seconds before reporting.
- Conserving Battery Life
- Turning device tracking off contributes the most to conserving the battery life of devices. Setting the agent check-in interval to a longer interval will also conserve the battery life of devices.
- Saving Battery Life
- Use the Get Current Location command if you only need to know the location of a device "on demand“ (next checkin)