Question: How do I manually uninstall the Kaseya Agent from Mac machines?
Answer: You can follow these steps:
1. Download the file KaseyaUninstall.pkg.zip file from your Kaseya Server at \Kaseya\WebPages\ManagedFiles\VSAHiddenFiles\macInstall\KaseyaUninstall.pkg.zip, and copy it onto the Mac (or alternatively) download the .zip file attached to this KB article.
2. Unzip the file.
3. Run the KaseyaUninstall.pkg installer and choose to Install to the Macintosh Hardrive. Although this appears to be installing a product, it is actually running the uninstallation script for the Kaseya Agent.
4. Log in with the user that installed the agent initially and delete the /var/tmp/kpid file. To do this launch Terminal and run the "rm -rf /var/tmp/kpid" command.
5. Remove the agent with root rights, i.e. in Terminal run the "sudo rm -rf /var/tmp/kpid" command and then provide the root password
6. The Kaseya Agent and all associated files will be removed.
Note: Keep in mind that for Step 5, the machine needs to have a root password already active, i.e. a user with administrator rights has ran the "password root" command and created a password for root. Also, failure to uninstall the Kaseya Agent following these steps but instead dragging and dropping the KUsrTsk application from Finder > Applications to the Trash, can result in issues with a future Kaseya Agent that might need to be installed on the Mac machine.
Applies to: All VSA's.