Moving a Kaseya Network Monitor (KNM v4) installation to a new server.
NOTE: The instructions below apply to KNM version 4 ONLY.
- Install KNM on the new machine. After installation stop the KNM service.
- Stop the service on the current computer from the 'System administration' page under the Settings menu in KNM.
- Copy the file dbconfig.nxd and settings.rds from the KNM program folder on the current computer to the INM program folder on the new machine.
- Copy the whole statistics subfolder from the current computer to the KNM program folder on the new machine.
- Copy the scripts folder from the current machine to the KNM folder on the new machine.
- If you have enabled web server HTTPS, move the certificate to the new machine
- Copy the backup directory if you want to save backups made during the time you have run INM of your settings
- Copy the init.cfg file if you want to use the same port for the web interface
- If you have enabled SSL for the KNM interface, export the certificate from the old server. If it's not exportable (due to private key export restrictions), you will have to issue a new certificate. Normally this doesn't cost anything with the certificate issuer, and can be done instantly.
- Import the certificate on the new KNM server. Use MMC->Certificates for the easiest way. Make sure you import the certificate to either the machine certificate store, or to the user's store if you run the Kaseya Network Monitor service using a specified user's credentials.
- (DE Only) Copy the entire gateway folder from the KNM program folder on the current computer to the KNM program folder on the new machine.
- Start the KNM service on the new machine.
- (DE Only) Logon to KNM. Go to Settings -> Distributed testing. Select "Properties" for the server and change to the new IP address, if it has changed with the new server
It is a highly recommended you take a complete backup of your old KNM installation (the whole KNM directory) prior to migration.
Kaseya Network Monitor v4 ONLY.
See also: https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/entries/36492086
If you want to move a KNM v5 installation, check this other article.