KB # KKB000753
How do I configure VSA server to send outbound email using local IIS SMTP server?
Outbound email is sent from the VSA server to a gateway SMTP server (as configured on the System > Server Management > Outbound Email page). As such, IIS SMTP server is not a pre-requisite because the mail gateway can be a remote server. However, if you want to use IIS SMTP server to send mail, do the following: -
1) set Outbound Email gateway server address to "localhost"
2) ensure IIS SMTP server is installed and running
3) open IIS Manager (Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > IIS manager)
4) right-click "Default SMTP virtual server" and select Properties
5) click on the Access tab > Relay button
6) if "Only the list below" is selected, click Add and enter 127.0.0.1
7) apply changes and send a test message from the VSA server
- Applies To
Kaseya VSA v5.2 and above