This article lists the general troubleshooting steps if you are encountering problems exporting PST files out of Office 365 using the Exchange Migrator.
- Ensure the Exchange Migrator prerequisites are met
- Ensure you have the latest version of the Exchange Migrator
- Ensure the admin account specified is a global administrator in Office 365 with a full mailbox license assigned. A kiosk licensed admin account will not work.
- Ensure the user account you are exporting the PST data from has a full mailbox license assigned. A kiosk licensed user will not work. You can temporarily assign the user a full mailbox license, and then swap the user back to a kiosk license to perform the export.
- Ensure you can manually configure an Outlook profile on the workstation the Exchange Migrator is installed on for the admin account being used. Behind the scenes the Exchange Migrator uses Outlook for the Export functionality. Manually setting up a profile will confirm that the autodiscover process is working and connectivity to Office 365 is working. Once you have the admin Outlook profile created, try and add the user mailbox you are exporting to the profile and verify you can access the folders in the user mailbox.
- If your autodiscover record points to your on premise Exchange Server, check the Use Direct Discover on the import screen to bypass the Autodiscover process. If it still doesn't work, you may have to create a dedicated export account in Office 365 whose sign in name and primary email address is the @domain.onmicrosoft.com domain associated with your account. The autodiscover record for this domain will always point to Office 365. This is often times necessary if you are running in a hybrid configuration.
Review the log file for the failed export located in c:\users\username\MessageOps\ExchangeMigrator\logs for error codes. Some common errors have friendly messages which identify the issue and provide instructions on how to resolve.
Search the Kaseya Knowledge Base for error codes which don't have a friendly message associated with them
If the error code is not in the Kaseya Knowledge Base or the steps provided do not resolve the issue, please open a support ticket and attach the log files to it.