Autotask supports the use of Kaseya2AT
Kaseya2AT is an email parser that can be set to receive emails from Kaseya on Ticket/Alert creation and convert Kaseya Tickets/Alerts into Autotask tickets.
- If a match is found, it associates the Autotask ticket with the matching Configuration Item.
- If the machine info does not match to a Configuration Item, it attempts to match the alert to a Company using the Kaseya Group ID.
- If the Kaseya Organization ID does not match to a Company, it assigns the ticket to Your Own Company.
- Automatically closes the Kaseya ticket when the corresponding Autotask ticket is set to complete.
Kaseya2AT will intercept emails, extract information, and create a ticket in Autotask.
In order for this to work Tickets created in Kaseya must be associated with Machines so the ticket would have the following format: "Machine ID: machinename.groupname.subgroupname"
Kaseya2AT Setup on AutoTask side:
- Log into Autotask with an Administrator security level.
- Go to Autotask menu > Admin > Features & Settings > Service Desk (Tickets) > Incoming Email Processor to access the Incoming Email Processing - Mailboxes window.
- Click the Edit icon to the left of the Add Ticket Email Service (ATES) mailbox listing. Add Ticket Email Service (ATES) window opens.
- On the General tab, populate all fields marked with an asterisk * and make sure the Active box is checked.
- On the Ticket tab, in the section Failure Notification (to email originator): Select the box for Send XML Notifications, Select a Notification Template, and Specify additional recipients (optional).There are three similar sections on this page that can be configured for notifications: Failure Notifications (to internal resources and/or other email addresses) Success Notification (to email originator) Success Notifications (to internal resources and/or other email addresses
- Click Save & Close.
On Kaseya side please perform the following steps:
- Login to Kaseya.
- Go to Ticketing, and under Configure Ticketing, select Notify Policy:
- In the top left corner, select the Ticket Creation and the Modify/Add Note check-boxes.
- Open the Kaseya2AT provisioning email you received from Autotask, and copy your unique Kaseya2AT inbound address. The format of this email address will be [email protected].
- Return to the Kaseya window, and paste the email address into the Email List field. You may enter additional email addresses if you wish, separated by commas; this will not interfere with Kaseya2AT.
- On the header for the list of Groups, click Select All. This will forward ticket notifications from all groups/customers and create Autotask tickets.
- You may also forward only tickets from selected groups/customers to Autotask.
- Click Update.
- The Group list will refresh and display the forwarding email address in the Email List column.
- This setup will send emails to Autotask email reader when tickets are created on Kaseya side. Then the Email Reader on Autotaks (Kaseya2AT) would receive the email and create AutoTass Tickets. The rest of the configurations need to be done on Autotask side.