Policy Management Edit access has been disabled for a user/role, but the user can access Save / Save and Applybuttons within Policy Management > Policies
Note: The disabling of these buttons when the permissions are granted via the Policy Management Folder Tree will be addressed in the next release of Policy Management. Until such time, admins can manage access to theSave and Save and Apply buttons within policies by leveraging the Role Access settings.
User has been granted rights that should restrict edits to policies. For example, user “admin1” is a VSA Admin with a role of “RestrictedUser”.
This role has been granted Assign and Share rights to the “.All Policies” folder and its contents:
However, logging in as admin1 and accessing selecting a specific policy within Policy Management > Policies, admin1can see the active Save and Save and Apply buttons:
- Within the VSA, navigate to System > User Roles
- Select the appropriate Role
- Click the Access Rights tab
- Click the Set Role Access Rights button
- Within the Set Role Access Rights window, navigate to Policy Management > Configure > Policies and deselect the Save, Save and Apply, and Cancel buttons (as appropriate)
Repeat these steps for any other roles that should not have edit rights to policies
To verify, login as the restricted user (admin1), navigate to Policy Management > Policies, select a policy, and ensure the buttons are not visible: