A report fails with the following error:
Reports that fail with this error is caused by incorrect permissions in SQL. Please follow the instructions below to correct this issue.
1. Open up Computer Management and give the ASPNET account membership of SQLReportServerUser (Please Note: If your server is on Windows 2008, please skip this step as you will not have an ASPNET account):
2. You will now create a KaseyaReports user account and give it proper permissions:
3. Open up SQL Management Studio and assign the KaseyaReports account as a Login:
On the following screenshot make sure that you add both of these ReportServer and ReportServerTemp separately not both at once:
Then click "OK"
4a. If you are using SQL 2008, skip to step 4b.
If you are using SQL 2005, do the following:
A. Logon to the system hosting SQL Server 2005.
B. Open IIS Manager
C. Navigate to the Report virtual directory.
D. Right-click Home.aspx and select the Browse option.
Skip to step 5.
4b. If you are using SQL 2008, please navigate to the following:
A. Go to the start menu > All Programs > Microsoft SQL server > Configuration Tools > Reporting Services Configuration Manager
B. Once the Reporting Services opens up, click on "Report Manager URL" tab on the left hand side menu.
C. Click on the "URL":
Once you click on the URL, it will take you to the Reporting Services web page configurations. Please follow the screenshots below:
5. PLEASE NOTE: If you are on SQL 2008 R2, you will first have to click on "Folder Settings" on the Homepage.
6. Log into your VSA and go into the system tab > Configure page, click on "Change URL". Then click on "Edit" and specify the KaseyaReports account you created:
Now that you have properly set permissions, you will delete and reload the hotfixes
7. Open up SQL Management Studio and connect. Expand the "Databases" section and click on the "ksubscribers" database to highlight it
8. Click on "New Query" and enter the following query:
delete from tempdata where tempname = 'vsaPatchUpdate'
Once you type it in, click on "Execute"
Once you execute this query, it will have deleted on your hotfixes.
Now you must re-download and apply your hotfixes by doing the following:
If your SQL is on the same machine as Kaseya, you can use the following: http://localhost/systemtab/hotfixcheck.asp
If your SQL is on a separate machine from Kaseya, you are not able to use localhost and must replace the "localhost" portion of the address above with your external name/IP address of your Kserver, for example: http://mycompany.com/systemtab/hotfixcheck.asp
Once the hotfixes re-download and apply you are able to log into your VSA and run reports successfully.