Issue: A report fails with the following error: HTTP 401: Unathorized or "Insufficient permissions"
Answer: Reports that fail with this error is probably caused by incorrect permissions in SQL.
Please follow the instructions below to correct this issue:
1. You will create a "KaseyaReports" user account and give it proper permissions:
Note: If you currently use SQL Server 2012 or later you may safely skip the implementation in the "Member Of" for the "KaseyaReports" account as this applies only for SQL Server 2008.
2. Open up SQL Management Studio and assign the "KaseyaReports" account as a Login:
- Go to the Start menu > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server > Configuration Tools > Reporting Services Configuration Manager
- Once the Reporting Services opens up, click on "Report Manager URL" tab on the left hand side menu.
- Click on the "URL":
- Once you click on the URL, it will take you to the Reporting Services web page configurations. Please follow the screenshots below:
4. Log into your VSA and go into the System module > Configure page, click on Change URL. Then click on Edit and specify the "KaseyaReports" account you created: