Agent Packages and Templates - Kaseya provides various agent installation packages depending upon the needs of the user. Users can choose between packages for Microsoft Windows OS-based machines or Apple Mac OS-based machines. Users can also choose from various pre-configured settings:
- Default - A simple audit and remote control agent
- Basic - A lightweight monitoring, audit, patch scan, remote control agent
- Advanced - A comprehensive agent that performs deeper monitoring (Windows event logs and performance counters), patch scans & management (Microsoft Security Patches), and scheduled proactive maintenance (temp file clean up, disk defrag, etc).
Monitoring Components - Kaseya provides a comprehensive set of monitoring configurations that provide both hardware, operating system, and application monitoring coverage.
- Monitor Sets - The content includes monitoring of free disk space, CPU utilization, Memory utilization, SMTP Queue Length, and various Windows Services (Exchange, SQL Server, IIS, Terminal Server, etc).
- Event Sets - The content includes monitoring of Windows Event Logs covering errors and warnings for hardware related events, events related Microsoft Server Applications (Exchange, SQL Server, IIS, Terminal Server, etc), and Operating System/Active Directory related events.
- SNMP Sets - The content includes monitoring of various network devices such as firewalls, routers, and switches from the most popular vendors, laser printers, disk arrays, power supplies, UPS units from popular HW vendors, and generic Linux/Virtualization vendors.
Agent Procedures - Kaseya provides a set of scheduled and ad-hoc maintenance and remediation procedures that can be used to suit specific needs. Many of the typical machine maintenance procedures have already been set up to run on a scheduled basis. The remaining procedures provide users with easy to run tasks that can assist in information gathering, remediation, and maintenance.
- Weekly Desktop Maintenance - The content provided will run on a scheduled basis the most common workstation maintenance tasks, including temp file clean up, disk defrag, check disk (analyze only), and flush DNS. The results of each task are stored for further reporting
- Weekly Server Maintenance - The content provided will run on a scheduled basis the most common server maintenance tasks, including temp file clean up, check disk (analyze only), and set time. The results of each task are stored for further reporting
- Desktop, Server, & Network Tools - The content provided will allow a user to perform common operations such as renewing IP Address, windows shutdown/restart, rebooting machine, Force User Logoff, run Exchange Best Practice Analyzer, verify Active Directory replication, perform Ping/Port/URL checks. The results of each are stored for further reporting.
- Other Utilities and Samples - The content includes procedures for running a Windows Script, stopping/starting a service/process, running typical admin commands, backing up a user’s My Documents. The results of each are stored for further reporting.
Views - Kaseya provides easy to use views which allow users to quickly select only the machines they desire based upon the task. The included views allow users to quickly identify:
- Online/Offline machines
- Machines with various OS versions
- Machines from various hardware vendors
- Machines with different applications installed
- Server vs. workstation machines.
Reports - The included Report content provides users with “ready to go” reports that utilize the standard content. The pre-configured reports include:
- Executive Summary Report, that provides an overview of the activity generated and performed on machines
- Patch Activity Reports, to identify machines that have been patched or with missing patches
- Event Log Frequency Report, that identifies the high frequency events that are occurring
- Agent Procedure Log Report, that identifies machines that have detected Check Disk Errors