I would like to migrate my current Kaseya application server and my database to a new server.
What are the steps I need to take?
Although we have a detailed guide on how this can be achieved in our help file here, this article has been written to provide summarized points that you need to take for the migration
This article assumes that you have migrated all of the KAV/KAM Classic installations to the new module prior to Migration. The KAV/KAM Classic Module will not be installed in new installations of 9.3 and higher.
This article assumes that you will use the same IP for the new server as was being used by old server or will point current DNS address agents are using in 'Agent > Check-in control' to this new server's ip .
This article also assumes that your Kaseya application and your Kaseya database is on a same server.
If you are looking to migrate from same server to two different servers (i.e different front end and different SQL server) then please follow instruction from this article to migrate database and steps related to transfer of managedfiles and userprofiles from below list.
If you are looking to migrate from existing split set up to a new split set up servers, please follow our help file in detail.
1.Important, please make a note of collation of the ksubscribers database, reason has been explained here
4. Copy `c:\kaseya\webpages\managedfiles` and all subdirectories (Important: Excluding VSAHiddenFiles) to the same backup directory. (Example: `D:\KaseyaServerBackup\ManagedFiles`)
5. copy `c:\kaseya\userprofiles` and all subdirectories to the same backup directory. (Example: `D:\KaseyaServerBackup\userprofiles `)
6. copy `c:\kaseya\EndpointDownloads` and all subdirectories to the same backup directory. (Example: `D:\KaseyaServerBackup\EndpointDownloads`)
7. copy `c:\kaseya\EndpointUploads` and all subdirectories to the same backup directory. (Example: `D:\KaseyaServerBackup\EndpointUploads`)
After securing the important files, please proceed with below steps;
On your NEW Server
1. Install SQL using the same collation as the `ksubscribers` database had on your old server.
2. Download the Kaseya installer
3. Run through the installer to install Kaseya without any data. Please note: The same VSA version that your old server has should be installed on the new server.
4. Stop all the "Kaseya" services except `Kaseya.ApplicationFirewall or Kaseya Edge Service` and `Kaseya Web Exec`.
5. Copy `managedfiles` and all subdirectories (excluding VSAHiddenFiles) from your backup folder. (Example: `D:\KaseyaServerBackup` to `c:\kaseya\webpages\managedfiles`)
6. Copy `EndpointDownloads` and all subdirectories from your backup folder. (Example: `D:\KaseyaServerBackup\EndpointDownloads` to `c:\kaseya\EndpointDownloads`)
7. Copy `EndpointUploads` and all subdirectories from your backup folder. (Example: `D:\KaseyaServerBackup\EndpointUploads` to `c:\kaseya\EndpointUploads`)
8. In SQL management studio, restore the database that you previously copied to the backup folder. Please make sure you choose to overwrite the existing database from options tab in restore window
10. Once complete, click "Start" -> "Programs" -> "Kaseya" -> "Reinstall Database Schema". Please contact kaseyasupport if you see any schema fail error message.
All VSA Versions