Question: I would like to migrate my current Kaseya application server and my database to a new server. What are the steps I need to take?
Answer: Although we have a detailed guide on how this can be achieved in our help file here, this article has been written to provide summarized points that you need to take for the migration.
- This article assumes that you have migrated all of the KAV/KAM Classic installations to the new module prior to migrating.
Note: The KAV/KAM Classic Module will not be installed in new installations of 9.3 and higher.
- This article assumes that you will use the same IP for the new server as the one being used by old server or that you will point the current DNS address agents are using under "Agent > Check-in Control" to this new server's IP .
- This article also assumes that the Kaseya application along with the database are on the same server.
If you are looking to migrate from the same server to two different servers (i.e different front end and different SQL server) then please follow instruction from this article in order to migrate the database - also the steps related to transfer of ManagedFiles and UserProfiles can be found in the list below.
If you are looking to migrate from existing split set up to a new split set up servers, please follow our help file in detail.
1. Important, please make a note of collation of the ksubscribers database per the notes from this article.
4. Copy 'C:\Kaseya\WebPages\ManagedFiles' and all sub-directories (Important: Excluding 'VSAHiddenFiles') to the same backup directory. (Example: 'D:\KaseyaServerBackup\ManagedFiles').
5. Copy 'C:\Kaseya\UserProfiles' and all sub-directories to the same backup directory. (Example: 'D:\KaseyaServerBackup\UserProfiles').
6. Copy 'C:\Kaseya\EndpointDownloads' and all sub-directories to the same backup directory. (Example: 'D:\KaseyaServerBackup\EndpointDownloads').
7. Copy 'C:\Kaseya\EndpointUploads' and all sub-directories to the same backup directory. (Example: 'D:\KaseyaServerBackup\EndpointUploads').
Note: After securing the important files, please proceed with below steps.
On your NEW Server:
1. Install SQL using the same collation as the ksubscribers database had on your OLD server.
2. Download the Kaseya installer - http://download.kaseya.com/KInstall.exe
3. Run through the installer to install Kaseya without any data. (Important: The same VSA version that your OLD server has should be installed on the NEW server).
4. Stop all the Kaseya services except for the 'Kaseya.ApplicationFirewall' or 'Kaseya Edge Services' and the 'Kaseya Web Exec'.
5. Copy 'ManagedFiles' and all sub-directories (excluding 'VSAHiddenFiles') from your backup folder. (Example: 'D:\KaseyaServerBackup' to 'C:\Kaseya\WebPages\ManagedFiles').
6. Copy 'EndpointDownloads' and all sub-directories from your backup folder. (Example: 'D:\KaseyaServerBackup\EndpointDownloads' to 'C:\Kaseya\EndpointDownloads').
7. Copy 'EndpointUploads' and all sub-directories from your backup folder. (Example: 'D:\KaseyaServerBackup\EndpointUploads' to 'C:\Kaseya\EndpointUploads').
8. In SQL Management Studio, restore the database that you previously copied to the backup folder. Please make sure you choose to overwrite the existing database from options tab in restore window
10. Once complete, click the "Start menu > Programs > Kaseya > Reinstall Database Schema".