- Backup Status page in Kaseya shows a backup job is still in process (appears to be "stuck" at 95% completion)
- Acronis command line process (acrocmd.exe) is no longer running on the agent machine
- Acronis log on the agent machine (C:\kworking\volBackupLog.xml) shows that the backup completed some time ago
- depending on completion status in the Acronis log, a backup image file may have been created
- the problem has been documented
- a fix was included in patch release 18.104.22.168
Workaround (for customers using VSA 9.0 or earlier versions): -
- download the attached archive file - Procedure Monitor backups.zip (link at the bottom of this article)
- copy BackupRunning.xml from the archive to this location on the Kaseya server - C:\Kaseya\xml\Procedures\AgentProcSQL\0\SQLRead
- go to Agent Procedures > Schedule/Create, select a shared or private folder, click the "Import Folder/Procedure" button
- upload the Procedure Monitor backups.xml file from the archive, click "Save" to create the procedure called "Monitor backups"
- select the procedure and schedule on the affected backup agent(s) for 15 mins after the time the backup is scheduled for
This procedure calls a system procedure which checks the actual running status of the Acronis backup process. If it has completed, the Acronis logs will be processed and Kaseya DB will be updated with completion status. If Acronis is actually still running, it will reschedule itself every 15 mins until the Acronis process has completed.
Kaseya VSA (Backup module) - v7.0, R8, R9