A backup fails to complete - Backup Status page continues to report 95% estimated completion long after expected completion time.
The problem may be caused by any of the following conditions: -
- Acronis backup job has hung/stalled
- Acronis backup job is taking longer than usual due to performance bottleneck (e.g. slow disk or network connection)
- Kaseya failed to detect completion of Acronis process
Use the following steps to troubleshoot the issue: -
1) check if acrocmd.exe process is running on the Backup agent machine
2) capture the Acronis log from the Kaseya agent working directory (by default, c:\kworking): -
- volBackupLog.XML for volume backups
- folderBackupLog.XML for folder backups
3) open the XML file using a text editor (e.g. notepad++) - scroll to the bottom and check the progress.
Depending, on the log content, proceed as follows: -
The job completed (whether successful or failed)
Kaseya failed to detect completion of Acronis process. Please refer to this article for more information.
The log is still reporting progress
The backup is still running, but there may be a performance bottleneck. Check for the following: -
- low system resource (e.g. RAM / CPU) on Backup agent machine
- test performance of source and destination disks, check for excessive disk queueing
- if Image Location is a network share, test performance of network link between source and destination machines
There is a cancel/retry prompt logged
Refer to this article for next steps.
The job is not complete, but there is no progress update for the several hours
A dependent Acronis process may have crashed. Proceed as follows: -
- kill acrocmd.exe process using Task Manager
- wait for Kaseya to report the backup as "failed"
- start a new backup
- if the problem persists, reboot the agent machine and try again
- if the problem still persists, contact Kaseya Support for further troubleshooting steps
Kaseya VSA (Backup module) - v6.5 and later
Acronis Backup v11.x