How can I install KES/AVG Manually and Manage the Installation in Kaseya?
Please follow the process below to manually install KES/AVG and manage it from the Kaseya.
Please keep in mind that all other Anti Virus must be uninstalled from the machine prior to installing AVG. Also disable Windows Defender and UAC if applicable.
Download AVG on the machine that you are trying to install manually on, using the following link, replacing witht he URL or IP address of your VSA:
- 32-bit machines: <VSA_Address>/managedfiles/vsahiddenfiles/av/avginstall.exe
For example: https://VSA.myCompany.com/managedfiles/vsahiddenfiles/av/avginstall.exe
- 64-bit machines: <VSA_Address>/managedfiles/vsahiddenfiles/av/avgX64Install.exe
- Run the installer from a command prompt and point to the directory with avgInstall.exe file by using the following syntax:
You will be prompted for your license code. You must request the code from Kaseya Support by creating a ticket
- Insert the license code provided.
When you get to "Select type of Installation," select Custom Install.:
In the "Custom Options" page: (view screenshot)
- Uncheck "AVG Add-Ons"
- Uncheck "AVG Remote Admin Client"
- Uncheck "Firewall
- Click Next to complete the Manual installation
- It is important the Agent on the Machine is fully updated to the latest Agent Version before trying to run the Connect Client. If not please go to Agent > Agent Update and schedule a forced Agent version update on the machine.
- Schedule a Latest Audit on the Machine.
TO MANAGE THE INSTALLATION FROM THE VSA:
- Go to Security > Installations
- Click on the Connect Client
That should allow the manual install to be managed from Kaseya. If you encounter any issues while running this process, please create a Support ticket.
Kaseya Endpoint Security (KES) - All versions
AVG - All versions