How do I install AVG on a machine that I know has a virus ?
In some occasions, the virus can prevent the installation of AVG on the endpoint.
- Try installing AVG on the machine from the Kaseya Console
- If step 1 fails, try installing AVG manually using this link: https://kaseya.zendesk.com/entries/104478533--How-can-I-Install-KES-AVG-Manually-and-Manage-the-Installation-in-Kaseya-
If you are still unable to install AVG using the first two steps, then you will need to install AVG in Safe Mode, please follow these steps:
- Restart your computer into Safe Mode with Networking.
- Download the latest installation file from the VSA using the URL on the KB Article: https://kaseya.zendesk.com/entries/104478533--How-can-I-Install-KES-AVG-Manually-and-Manage-the-Installation-in-Kaseya-
- Run the downloaded file.
- Follow the installation wizard and when asked, enter your license code (If you do not have the license code, please create a Support Ticket so we can provide you one).
- Complete the installation of the AVG program.
AVG installation in Safe Mode is recommended in emergency cases only (e.g. when the computer is infected). Since the Safe Mode is a diagnostic mode of the Windows operating system, there are some limitations for such AVG installation:
- AVG Firewall will not be installed. You can add the Firewall component later, as described in the article: https://support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?l=en_US&urlname=How-to-add-or-remove-features-in-AVG
- Even though no services can be started in Safe Mode, it is possible to execute the AVG scan as described here: https://support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?l=en_US&urlname=How-to-run-AVG-in-safe-mode