What are the system requirements to install AVG on each manageable machine ?
Requirements for Each Managed Machine
- 256 MB of RAM
- 60 MB of free disk space
- Windows XP Professional SP2 or higher
- Windows XP Home SP2 or higher
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition SP1 or higher
- Windows 2003 Server SP1 or higher
- Windows 2003 Server R2
- Windows Vista x32/x64 - all editions
- Windows 2008 Server x32/x64 edition
- Windows 2008 Server R2 x32/x64 edition
- Windows 7 x32/x64 - all editions
- Windows 8, 8.1 x32/x64 - all editions
- Windows 2012 Server x32/x64 edition
- Windows 2012 Server R2 x32/x64 edition
It is strongly recommend you to update your operating system using the Windows Update:
- Click on the Start button.
- Choose the Windows Update option.
- Download and install all offered updates.
- Or access the Windows Update site directly at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
As to why we don't support older Operating Systems like Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows Me, Windows 2000, the new scanning engine and on-access scanner, as well as the whole AVG technology cannot work on the old systems. These systems do not provide features and functionality that are necessary for proper detection and especially removal of malware. The systems are insecure and have not been maintained by the OS vendor for several years already. Therefore we cannot guarantee sufficient protection