Why does the KES client installation fail?
Firstly, reboot the endpoint and attempt the installation again. If it still fails use the following process to manually remove any AVG components from the endpoint:
Download the appropriate avgremover tool from this location to your computer (we recommend saving it to your desktop) and run it. Detailed information will be displayed on your screen:
- Restart computer.
- Remove the following folders if exist (make sure that "Show hidden files" function under Windows Folder option is enabled*):
C:\Documents andsettings\All users\Application data\Grisoft
C:\Documents and settings\Allusers\Application data\AVG*
<Agent temp dir>\KES
- Force an agent update (even if agent is already at latest build) by going to Agent -> Update Agent.
- Re-try installation. If you continue to get a failure,
- Verify the KES directory is being written in the <agent temp>\KES location when an installation is initiated. If it is not, verify that you can access and copy files from the Patch Mgmt file source you have set, and that the Agent Credentials (Agent-> Set Credential) are passing for this endpoint. Try switching file source to 'Download from Internet’.
If the steps above do not help to find a solution, please include the following information in your support ticket:
1) machine.group ID of endpoint where the install fails
2) zip file containing:
- AVG install log -
AVG 9: <agent temp>\kes\avginstall.log
Win XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MFAData\Logs\
Kaseya Endpoint Security(KES)