Linkscanner does not appear to be working properly; how do I fix it?
Here is a scenario:
I have AVG 8.5 installed on a machine running Windows XP and Internet Explorer v6, where Link Scanner does not seem to be working.
When we do a search on www.google.com using IE on the machine, not of the search results show a green check or red x.
We also seem to be able to click the link on go to the page, even though on other machines, those links show as Red, and are blocked.
We have rebooted the machine, no difference. We logged on as a different user, no difference.
AVG GUI shows that link scanner is installed and active.
This is an issue where AVG LinkScanner related libraries are not registered correctly. Please do the following to re-register the libraries:
- Close Internet Explorer
- Go to Start -> Run -> type :
regsvr32 "c:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll"
- Press OK to confirm the command. You should get this message:
"DllRegisterServer in c:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll succeeded"
regsvr32 "c:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll"
- press OK to confirm the command. You should get message "DllRegisterServer in c:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll succeeded"
- Run Internet Explorer 6, go to www.google.com and try to search for something. In search results, you should see AVG green/red result about every site.
In the case where the result are still not shown correctly, please create a support ticket and attached the following information to the ticket:
1. Run the avgdiag.exe found in C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8. this will generate diagnostic files. Zip the created files and attach to the support ticket. these files are found in avgdiag or avgdiagex folder in either user temp (%tmp%) or system temp directory (%systemroot%\temp).
2. Click on the "Start" button.
- Choose the "Run" option.
- Please type the "msinfo32" (without quotes) command to the command line and confirm by clicking on the "OK" button (or press Enter).
- After the tool is launched, please choose the "File" menu and the "Save..." option.
- Choose a name and attached file to ticket