Under certain circumstances, Kaseya Support Technicians will require that you collect Application Trace Logs so that they can further troubleshoot an issue you may be experiencing with Kaspersky Endpoint Security. The following guide outlines how to gather these logs:
Note: make sure that the current user account has administrator privileges
- Download the archive KavLogMP4.zip.
- Extract files from the archive KavLogMP4.zip using a file archiver (WinZip, for example);
- Run KavLogMP4.exe on the computer that encounters the problem;
- Select the required Trace level in the field Level. Set the Trace level to Notify (500) unless recommended otherwise by our support engineer.
- Enable tracing by clicking the button Turn trace on.
- Reproduce the problem computer.
- After the problem has been reproduced, please disable the utility: open it and click Turn trace off;
Important. Do not keep the utility turned on any longer than necessary. Otherwise it will continue writing trace files until they consume all disk space available.
Stop Kaseya Anti-Virus (right-click the Kaseya Anti-Virus icon in the Notification area, and then click Exit on the shortcut menu).
Find the trace files generated by the utility and compress them into an archive (for example, using WinZip).
The utility generates trace files in a textual format under a unique name:
[Product_version]_[Date_of_creation]_[ Time_of_creation - GMT].
- You can find trace files in the following folder:
- Windows Vista/7/Server 2008: Disk:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\
- Windows XP/Server: Disk:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\
- Windows 2000: Disk:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINNT\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\
Folders containing trace files are hidden. Make sure you have the "show hidden files" setting enabled in Windows to be able to access trace files.
After you have finished collecting the required log files, please provide them to your Kaseya Support Technician for further evaluation.
VSA 6.3, VSA 7.0, VSA 8.0