Some security programs such as software firewalls prevent unauthorized programs from accessing the network. Which files need to be allowed for the Kaseya Windows Agent to run correctly?
Kaseya recommend that the agent installation directory and the agent working directory are excluded from scanning. In particular, make sure that the following files are excluded from scanning and are allowed by any client firewall.
The following directories should be excluded:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaseya\ (or custom installation directory)
- C:\Program Files\Kaseya\ (or custom installation directory)
- C:\kworking\ (or custom working directory)
Agent installer & Admin machine files:
- Kaseya Windows Agent Installer: KcsSetup.exe (or whatever you have renamed it to)
- Remote installation components: PsExec.exe & KConnect.exe
- VNC / Remote Access Components: winvnc4.exe, vncviewer.exe, uvncviewer*.exe, R_Server.exe, raddrv.dll, slimftp2.exe, LiveConnect.exe
- CURL Components: curl.exe, curl-nossl.exe
In the designated Agent working directory:
- Set the root of the designated agent working folder to allow full execution for all files contained therein.
In the designated Agent installation directory:
- Set the root of the the agent install folder to allow full execution for all files contained therein.
Windows Agent Machine drivers: