The below error occurs when trying to use Live Connect > Desktop Access from a Windows or Mac computer with Java 7 Update 51 installed (the latest update at the time of writing).
The Desktop Access Java applet does not include a security attributes that is required by the latest Java builds.
The issue is resolved in the next release of Kaseya (v6.5), which is scheduled for release at the end of January 2014.
The following workarounds are available for v6.3 and prior versions: -
1) Use the Remote Control tab for VNC/RDP access instead of Live Connect
2) Add the URL of your Kaseya Server to the Exception Site List in the Java Control Panel, as shown in the screenshot below:
3) (not recommended) Change Java security level from "high" to "medium"
- go to Control Panel > Java
- click on Security tab - set security level to medium
Kaseya v6.3 and earlier