KB #: KKB000911
In Google Chrome, these errors are related to recent updates of Google Chrome and occur when logging into a v6.2 VSA on a machine with the KLC Plug-in Manager installed (choose one):
Chrome on Windows displays "Extensions, apps, and user scripts can only be only be added from the Chrome Web Store"
With Chrome v21 and later, the default security configuration prohibits automated installation of extensions from sources other than the Chrome Web Store. This means that KLC plug-ins will no longer be automatically installed when needed.
This affects installation of KLC browser plug-ins on Windows only (plug-ins on Mac OS are installed using a downloaded image file).
Chrome allows the policy to be bypassed for specific URL's., however installation of KLC plug-ins uses a file which is downloaded to the local drive, so installation requires temporarily disabling the policy:
1) Close and exit all Chrome windows.
2) Create the following key in the registry location:
3) Under this key, create a string value like this:
NB - the name "1" may already be taken by another policy. If so, use the next available numeric value.
4) Start Chrome again, log onto the VSA and install KLC plug-ins (you may be prompted on login or when trying to start a KLC connection).
5) If necessary, remove the string value created in step 3 (to reapply the default Chrome 21 security policy).
NB - The next release of Kaseya (v6.3) will have a downloadable installer for browser plug-ins, so will not be affected by this problem.
Chrome 22 and later on Mac require plug-ins to specify an event model.
This is addressed in the next release of Kaseya (v6.3).
Kaseya VSA 6.2 and earlier