Browser displays a 404 error when trying to access the "plug-in installer" link from the Agent > Update Agent page from a Mac when Kaseya v6.3 server is installed on Windows Server 2003.
The Kaseya v6.3 server installation does not add MIME type mapping for .pkg files on IIS6
The problem will be resolved in an upcoming new version of the installer. Customers who have already been affected by the issue will need to add the MIME type mapping manually: -
1) log onto the Kaseya server
2) open IIS Manager
3) browse to Web Sites > Default Web Site > KLC > resources > osx > 32_64
4) right click on Plugin Installer folder, go to Properties > HTTP Headers tab
5) click MIME Types, then New buttons
6) add entry with extension ".pkg" and MIME type "application/octet-stream" (no quotes)
7) click OK twice to apply change
To test the change, right-click on the LiveConnect.pkg filename in the right pane and select Explore - it should prompt to download the file.
Windows Server 2003 / IIS6