The VSA 9.5.17a Maintenance Release (build 188.8.131.5269) includes enhancements and fixes described in the topics below. For minimum system and agent requirements, see these topics in the Kaseya R95 System Requirements Guide: Kaseya Server Minimum Requirements & Configuration and Agent Minimum Requirements.
- SaaS Deployment Starts: Sunday, November 19th, 2023
- SaaS Deployment Completed: Tuesday, November 21st , 2023
- General Availability (on-prem customers): Wednesday, November 22nd, 2023 - available now!
Note: SaaS customers will be informed of their maintenance window via https://status.kaseya.net.
Dates are subject to change at short notice. On-prem customers are advised to check this page again prior to attempting an upgrade.
Important Security Update
This release remediates a security issue. We recommend that on-premises customers upgrade as soon as possible (No action is required for SaaS customers as updates are automatically applied).
|This release requires agent version 184.108.40.206. After upgrading from an earlier VSA version, you must update your Windows, macOS, and Linux agents using an automatic or Manual update process from the agent module.
|Live Connect Application
|When starting a Live Connect or Remote Control session for the first time after installing this release you will be prompted with a link to download the latest Live Connect build. You must complete the installation before proceeding with the session
This release includes updates to software management client code. Each managed machine will download up to 120Mb of file updates during the first patch scan or deployment cycle after installing the VSA update. The files will be sourced from the VSA server or a peer endpoint machine on the local network which already has the files. Recommendations to mitigate the impact on network bandwidth:
1. Use distribution windows in scan and deployment profiles to avoid excessive concurrent downloads.
2. On larger networks schedule a patch scan on a small selection of endpoints in advance of the main scan and deployment windows to leverage peer-to-peer file transfer and reduce impact on internet bandwidth
Support Policy for Prior Releases
Kaseya recommends that customers update their environments to the latest patch release as soon as possible after the GA release date.
Our policy is to provide support for the current Feature Release, one prior Feature Release, and any interim Maintenance Releases. After the 9.5.17a GA date stated above, the minimum supported version will be 9.5.16 Feature Release
Added new profile execution options to Scan and Analysis and Deployment profiles to give administrators more control over handling of cases where the operating system is reporting a Pending Reboot status at the start of the process.
- The default option is to skip the scan or deployment process and return an error status. This is the same behavior as in previous releases.
- You can now optionally configure the profile so that the Pending Reboot status will be ignored, and the scan or deployment will proceed.
- Our analysis has found that patch scans and deployments are often successful without prior reboot, but it should be noted that a Pending Reboot status can affect the results of both operations.
Scan and Analysis profile:
- Fixed an issue where Domain Watch failed to discover Azure Active Directory users with certain special characters in their username.