Passly supports the Authenticator App on either iOS or Android.
- If you are using Android 5.0 - later the Authenticator can be downloaded here.
- If you are using an iPhone the Authenticator can be downloaded here.
If a user is unable to Scan a QR code to setup the Passly Authenticator users can configure the application to support just one-time passwords.
To configure a Passly Authenticator for no PUSH support please follow these steps.
- Click on the mountains in your enrollment email. You will be taken yo your Passly tenant https://(companyname).my.passly.com/onboard
Note: If a user selects the mountains and they are taken to https://(companyname).my.passly.com/signin/ the enrolment email has expired and needs to be resent. See this article for steps on sending the email.
- Local users will be prompted to set their own password.
Active Directory / Azure Active Directory users will not need to set a password.
- Users will select their operating system, iOS / Android.
- Users select Next.
- Users select Option 2 "Can't Scan"
- User will now see the alpha numeric value for the QR code.
- User opens the Passly Authenticator and selects the Blue + sign.
- Users select I don't have a Barcode
- User selects "Passly" from the list.
- User enters username and the secret key.
- User selects Submit
- User selects their username and reveals their One-time Password.
- User enters the one time password from the App.
- User selects Next.
- User selects Done.
User will now be able to generate a One-time password and can test their authentication.