An organizational chart page is a hierarchical chart of all employees in your company, based on supervisor and subordinate relationships.
An organizational chart aims to achieve the following:
- Helps clarify the working relationships between executives and managers.
- Establishes the hierarchical structure for decision-making and authority.
- Serves as an information portal, by clicking an employee's name in the chart to open up that employee's record.
- Helps visualize changes to the company's structure.
- Helps executive officers establish clear management procedures within a company.
- Helps guide employees about who to contact in other parts of the organization.
Generating an Organizational Chart
You can generate an organizational chart in two ways:
- By Manager
- By Department
- Go to HR > Organizational Chart.
- To generate an organizational chart by Manager, select the appropriate manager from the dropdown and click Generate.
- To generate an organizational chart by Department, select the appropriate manager from the dropdown and click Generate.
- You can click the node of the particular employee to expand or collapse the hierarchy from that point onwards.
- You can click the employee name and go to the respective employee's profile page to know more details.
Note: If In case you do not have access to the HR module, you will not be able to click the employee name and open the employee profile.
- By default, the organizational chart shows the hierarchy extending downwards from the logged in user's position.