Spanning Backup for Google Workspace is pleased to announce our latest IT Complete integration with the Uniview (Depending on your market it may also be known as: Unitrends Cloud Backup Portal, Backup.net, Unitrends MSP, UniView 2.0).
Managing backups can take up to 33% of a technician's time and this only gets more complicated when protecting multiple platforms with multiple backup technologies. Our upcoming integrations are aimed at reducing this burden by providing Backup Status, Tenant Information and more, directly through our Unified Backup Portal.
Customers will get valuable backup status information, tenant information, and possibility to setup BackupIQ alerting for their Spanning backups right in Backup.net interface. This reduces the number of places a user has to visit, log into and train for just to get simple answers about backup health.
In future releases customers will be able to get the status information on their Spanning Backup for Google Workspace within IT Glue interface where they already spend a critical portion of their day. This will further reduce the number of places a user has to visit to get answers about backup. The same integration will allow you to monitor advanced details of Spanning Backup down to the workload (Mailbox, Drive, Calendar etc.), user and tenant information (Licensing, Storage Consumption, etc.).
Configure Backup.net integration
To get started you will need to log into Spanning Backup for Google Workspace and navigate to the settings page. Initial configuration requires access to the tenant as a Global Administrator:
- Login to Spanning Backup for Google Workspace as a Global Administrator.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Scroll down to the Backup.Net Integration setting and use the toggle to start linking the account process:
- You will be redirected to the Google login screen to confirm your identity:
- Then, you will login to your Backup.net account:
- Once identity is confirmed, you will be able to complete integration with Backup.net (UniView) using the 'Add' action. You can optionally specify the organization you wish to attach Spanning tenant within your Backup.net account.
- Once it is done, you will be redirected to your Spanning account and will be able to see your connection between Spanning and Backup.net was completed:
Disable Backup.net integration
You may disable the integration at any time by removing the link to Backup.net organization, using the toggle. It will require the same authentication flow as linking the account: first you will need to authenticate with your Google Global Admin account, then with your Backup.net credentials. Once this process is completed the binding will be disabled.