Issue: Some of the Windows agents in the VSA are falsely reporting offline (icon is grayed out), but the systems are up and running. What could be the issue?
Things to check for / try:
- Any changes made at the machine / network level.
- Ensure a telnet connection is successful. You can test this by running this command on cmd: telnet <yourVSAURL> <port on which agent connects> (default is 5721). I.e., telnet mykaseya.server.com 5721.
- If AV is installed, make sure the exclusions for the Kaseya Agent are in place:
C:\Program Files x86\Kaseya\
- Make sure the KaUsrTsk.exe process is running. As this process recognizes user activity on the agent - it will dictate if users receive notifications/prompts, it will also dictate the status of the agent icons in the VSA and other functions. The executable is found in the agent folder, usually located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaseya\<Agent Folder>
- Lastly, make sure the agents in question are on the latest agent version.
- For testing (not required), you may try getting one of the affected machines and deploying a new agent using /r and /w agent switches, to see what the outcome is.
- AgentMon.log (located in agent folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaseya\<Agent Folder>)
- KasError.log (located in agent folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaseya\<Agent Folder>)
- Event logs for both, Application and System.
- Dump file for the AgentMon.exe process, which can be gathered via Task Manager, right click on this process and select Create Dump File:
- Screenshots if possible, of telnet test, AV exclusions (if applicable), etc.
Applies to: VSA 9.2, 9.3, 9.4.