Some of the Windows agents in the VSA are falsely reporting offline (icon is grayed out), but the systems are up and running. What could be the issue?
- Any changes made at the machine / network level.
- Ensure a telnet connection is successful. You can test this by running this command on cmd: telnet <yourVSAURL> <port on which agent connects> (default is 5721). I.e., telnet mykaseya.server.com 5721.
- If AV is installed, make sure that these exclusions for the Kaseya Agent are in place.
- Make sure the KaUsrTsk.exe process is running. As this process recognizes user activity on the agent - it will dictate if users receive notifications/prompts, it will also dictate the status of the agent icons in the VSA and other functions. The executable is found in the agent folder, usually located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaseya\<Agent Folder>
- Lastly, make sure the agents in question are on the latest agent version.
- For testing (not required), you may try getting one of the affected machines and deploying a new agent using /r and /w agent switches, to see what the outcome is.
- AgentMon.log (located in agent folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaseya\<Agent Folder>)
- KasError.log (located in agent folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaseya\<Agent Folder>)
- Event logs for both, Application and System.
- Dump file for the AgentMon.exe process, which can be gathered via Task Manager, right click on this process and select Create Dump File:
- Screenshots if possible, of telnet test, AV exclusions (if applicable), etc.
Applies to: VSA 9.2, 9.3, 9.4.